John Lindow is a professor specializing in Scandinavian medieval studies and folklore at the University of California, Berkeley and author. Lindow's works include Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Rituals, and Beliefs, a handbook for Norse mythology. He received his Ph.D. in Germanic languages and literature from Harvard University in 1972, and began teaching at Berkeley in 1978. In 1977 he was elected as a corresponding member of the Royal Gustavus Adolphus Academy.
- Lindow, John (1976) Comitatus, individual and honor: Studies in north Germanic institutional vocabulary, University of California Press
- Lindow, John (1978) Swedish legends and folktales, Berkeley : University of California Press
- Lindow, John (1997) Murder Vengeance among the Gods: Baldr in Scandinavian Mythology, Helsinki : Suomalainen tiedeakatemia, Academia Scientiarum Fennica
- Lindow, John (2001) Handbook of Norse mythology, Santa Barbara, Calif. also published as Lindow, John (2001). Norse Mythology: A Guide to the Gods, Heroes, Rituals, and Beliefs. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-515382-0.
- Lindow (2001:Rear flap).
- Curriculum vitae, 2007, retrieved 2011-01-10.
- Barnes, Michael (1978) Review of Comitatus, Individual and Honor: Studies in North Germanic Institutional Vocabulary by John Lindow (A revision of the author's thesis, Harvard, 1972), Speculum: A Journal of Medieval Studies, Jul., 1978, vol. 53, no. 3, p. 597-600
- Simpson, Jacqueline (1979) Review of Swedish Legends and Folktales by John Lindow, Folklore, vol. 90, no. 2, p. 244
- Hugus, Frank (1999) (Reviewed of) Murder Vengeance among the Gods: Baldr in Scandinavian Mythology, by John Lindow, Speculum: A Journal of Medieval Studies, Vol. 74, No. 2 (Apr.), pp. 450-452
- Simpson, Jacqueline (2003) Review of Handbook of Norse Mythology, Folklore, Aug., 2003, vol. 114, no. 2, p. 275-276
|This biography of an academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|