John Louis DiGaetani (born 1943) is a Professor of English at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York.
He received his BA from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, his MA from Northern Illinois University, and his Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin–Madison. DiGaetani's published works include studies on modern British literature, modern American literature, opera, and the connections between literature and music. He is also director of Hofstra's London Program.
He is the author of:
- Penetrating Wagner's "Ring"
- Richard Wagner and the Modern British Novel
- An Invitation to the Opera
- Puccini the Thinker
- A Search for a Postmodern Theater: Interviews with Contemporary Playwrights
- Inside the Ring: Essays on Wagner's Opera Cycle
- Wagner and Suicide
- A Companion to Pirandello Studies
- Carlo Gozzi: A Life
- ^ DiGaetani, John Louis, "Richard Wagner: The Last of the Titans (review)", The Opera Quarterly, Volume 21, Number 2, Spring 2005, pp. 380-382
- ^ Buller, Jeffrey L., "Wagner and Suicide (review)", The Opera Quarterly, Volume 21, Number 2, Spring 2005, pp. 376-380