John M. Ackerman
Dr. John Mill Ackerman Rose is an author as well as a professor at the Institute of Legal Research of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) and vice president of the International Association of Administrative Law. He received his MA and PhD in Political Sociology from the University of California, Santa Cruz, while he earned his undergraduate degree from Swarthmore College. He has contributed to international newspapers such as Proceso, La Jornada, El Universal, Reforma of Mexico, The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, San Francisco Chronicle, Houston Chronicle, San Diego Union-Tribune in the United States and The Guardian in the United Kingdom on the topics of corruption control, elections, transparency, accountability, autonomous institutions and citizen participation. He has also published research results in World Development, Administrative Law Review, Boletín Mexicano de Derecho Comparado, Mexican Law Review, Gestión y Política Pública, Perfiles Latinoamericanos. He has also served as a senior consultant for the World Bank as well as a consultant for the United States Agency for International Development, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, PNUD, Global Integrity, Open Society Institute, International Budget Partnership, Secretary of the Public Function, United Nations Development Programme, Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation, the Chamber of Deputies and for the Head of Government of the Federal District.
He is the son of noted political scientist Bruce Ackerman.
- Social Accountability in the Public Sector: A Conceptual Discussion (World Bank, 2005)
- Leyes de acceso a la información pública en el mundo (Instituto Federal de Acceso a la Información Pública, 2005)
- Estructura institucional para la rendición de cuentas: Lecciones internacionales y reformas futuras (Auditoría Superior de la Federación, 2006)
- Organismos autónomos y democracia: el caso de México (Siglo XXI Editores-Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas, UNAM, 2007)
- Más allá del acceso a la información: Transparencia, rendición de cuentas y Estado de Derecho (Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas, UNAM-Cámara de Diputados-Siglo XXI Editores-Univ. de Guadalajara-CETA, 2008)
|This biographical article about a Mexican academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|