John Marshall High School (West Virginia)
|John Marshall High School|
|1300 Wheeling Avenue
Glen Dale, West Virginia, 26038
|School type||Public, high school|
|School district||Marshall County|
|Assistant principals||Jason Marling
|Enrollment||Approximately 1,200 (2007-2008)|
|Color(s)||Brown █ and gold █|
|Feeder schools||Moundsville Middle School
Sherrard Middle School
|Rival schools||Wheeling Park High School|
West Virginia Class AAAOVAC Class AAAA
John Marshall High School is a public high school located in Glen Dale, West Virginia, USA. It is operated by Marshall County Schools, which is administrated by an elected, five-member Board of Education.
Named after John Marshall, the fourth Chief Justice of the United States, the school was established in 1968 as a result of the consolidation of three smaller schools in Marshall County, West Virginia: Moundsville High School, Union High School and Sherrard High School. At its inception, John Marshall boasted one of the few modular scheduling systems in the United States. In the 1994-1995 school year, John Marshall High School ran a traditional eight period day offering students half-credit one semester courses and full-credit two semester courses.
The student body of John Marshall High School numbers over 1,200 in grades 9 through 12, making it one of the largest secondary schools in West Virginia. The curriculum is comprehensive, including a county-wide vocational program. The school also offers dual-credit college courses and boasts a fully operational College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Program.
Athletics and clubs
John Marshall High School's mascot is the Monarch. It has athletic programs in American football, basketball, bowling, baseball, soccer, swimming, volleyball, tennis, hockey, cross country, track and field, golf, wrestling and cheerleading. It has numerous clubs and organizations. John Marshall competes in the Ohio Valley Athletic Conference.
The principal is Rick Jones. Assistant principals include Jason Marling, Geno Polsinelli, and Ashlea Minch. The activities co-ordinator is Casey Storm.. 
- Brad Paisley, country music star, class of 1991
- Amy Gamble, 1988 Olympian, class of 1982
- Lionel Cartwright, country music singer
Matt VanFossen, country music singer
- Warren, David (August 28, 2008). "John Marshall High School: Staff Directory". John Marshall High School official website. Marshall County (West Virginia) Board of Education. Retrieved August 28, 2008.[dead link]
- OVAC (2000–2008). "Ohio Valley Athletic Conference - Hall Of Fame Biography". Ohio Valley Athletic Conference Official Site. Ohio Valley Athletic Conference. Retrieved January 28, 2009.[dead link]
- John Marshall High School official webpage
- John Marshall High School alumni page
- Faculty/Staff directory page
- Computer Team official forums