John Martin (English footballer)
|Full name||John Martin|
|Date of birth||15 July 1981|
|Place of birth||Stepney, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2009||→ Ebbsfleet United (loan)||7||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16:54, 24 February 2012 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Martin began his career with Leyton Orient, making over 90 Football League appearances, before dropping into non-League football with Farnborough Town, Hornchurch, Grays Athletic and Stevenage Borough.
During the 2007–08 season, Martin enjoyed a successful first season featuring in the centre of midfield for Stevenage Borough. However, the arrival of new manager Graham Westley saw Martin fall out of favour and his first-team chances were limited. In February 2009, he was loaned out to Ebbsfleet United. Martin was recalled by manager Westley on 7 April 2009, playing a vital role in the two wins against Cambridge United and Ebbsfleet United. The latter was to be his last performance for Stevenage and on 20 May 2009, Martin was released by Stevenage Borough. On 7 August, it was announced that Martin had joined Essex based Conference South outfit Chelmsford City. Martin's stay lasted two seasons, as he was released by the club in May 2011.
He went on to join Isthmian League Division One North club Harlow Town in January 2012, making his début in the 1–0 away win over Maldon & Tiptree on 21 January. However, Martin left Harlow after playing three games for them up to 18 February.
- "Hornchurch FC 2004-05 Statistics". A.F.C. Hornchurch. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- Midfielder Martin joins Ebbsfleet on loan
- Stevenage recall Ebbsfleet midfielder
- John Martin released
- "Clarets complete John Martin "coup"". Chelmsford City F.C. official website. 2009-08-07. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Trio exit Chelmsford as six stay". BBC News. 13 May 2011.
- "Harlow Town march on as key new signing makes debut". Harlow Star. 2012-01-21. Retrieved 2012-02-24.