John Matoian (born 1949) is a renowned businessman and television industry executive. He was a vice-president of the CBS Entertainment division. He later became the president of Entertainment at Fox Broadcasting in September 1995. In 1996 he became the president of HBO.
Rupert Murdoch admired John Matoian's talents as a programming executive. Murdoch was quoted as saying about Matoian, "in John Matoian we have the best programming executive in America, I think he's the man who made CBS No. 1 the past two years."
He received both his B.A. and his J.D. from Duke University.
- "A More Grown-Up Look for Fox : Television: With new entertainment president John Matoian and a powerful distribution system, the fourth network plans to expand its audience.". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Fox aims to broaden young audience". Pittsburg Post-Gazette. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Former Fox Exec to Join HBO Pictures". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Bulbulian, Berge (2000). The Fresno Armenians : history of a diaspora community. Fresno, CA: Press at California State University, Fresno. ISBN 9780912201351.
- "THE MEDIA BUSINESS; Murdoch Replaces Fox Programming Chief". New York Times. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "John Matoian Political Campaign Contributions 2008 Election Cycle". Campaignmoney. Retrieved 14 March 2013.