|Associated acts||Hero (band)|
|Website||John McKeown's Official Website|
John McKeown is a solo artist based in London, United Kingdom, signed to Beatroute Records. McKeown previously fronted rock group Hero. After a European tour with Stereophonics and a number of tour dates in Los Angeles Hero disbanded. John McKeown chose to pursue a solo career at the end of 2008.
At the start of 2009 McKeown started recording his debut album Things Worth Fighting For with Elliott Randall producing. The first single "Fade Away" was released by Beatroute Records on 14 September 2009. The digital single was accompanied by the b-side These are the Times. The full album Things Worth Fighting For became available on 28 September 2009. Both the single and album were limited to digital releases.
John McKeown launched Things Worth Fighting For with an exclusive showcase at The Pigalle Club in Picadilly on 10 September 2009. He was joined on stage by Elliott Randall and London Community Gospel Choir founder Reverend Bazil Meade. The show was only open to press and invited VIPs but the performance was broadcast live on his website JohnMcKeown.net.
- Studio albums
- "Fade Away" (Digital Release: 14 September 2009 - Beatroute Records)
- Music Week, Beatroute Records makes return, 8 August 2009.
- Room Thirteen, John McKeown: Things Worth Fighting For, 28 September 2009.
- Music-News, Win 1 of 5 John McKeown 'Things Worth Fighting For' CDs, 28 September 2009.
- Music.co.uk, John Mckeown: Fade Away (Single), 27 August 2009.
- Daily Music Guide, John McKeown - The Pigalle Club, London (10/09/2009), 15 September 2009.
|This biographical article about a British singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|