John Miller (Virginia politician)
|Member of the Virginia Senate
from the 1st district
|Preceded by||Marty Williams|
December 9, 1947 |
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
|Spouse(s)||Sharron Kitchen Miller|
|Committees||Education and Health; General Laws and Technology; Rehabilitation and Social Services; Transportation|
John C. Miller (born December 9, 1947 in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania) is an American politician. A Democrat, he was elected to the Senate of Virginia in 2007. He currently represents[update] the 1st district on the Virginia Peninsula, which comprises the city of Poquoson, parts of York County, and the cities of Hampton and Newport News.
Senator Miller has a reputation of working diligently with other members of the General Assembly, regardless of party affiliation. He is a founding member of the Commonwealth Caucus, a bipartisan effort to put Virginia above party affiliation on important issues facing the Commonwealth. Other members of the Commonwealth Caucus include Senators Ralph Northam (D-Norfolk), Richard Stuart (R-Westmoreland) and Jill Vogel (R-Winchester).
- Senator John C. Miller official government site
- Senator John Miller official campaign site
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at the National Institute for Money in State Politics (2001 House of Delegates)
- Profile from Virginia Public Access Project