John Mullin (born 1964) is a British newspaper editor.
Mullin studied at the University of Glasgow, where he was manager of the Glasgow University Guardian. His first paid job in journalism was at the Western Morning News, then in 1987 became a business reporter at The Independent. He moved to The Guardian, where he worked as the paper's Ireland correspondent, before his appointment in 2000 as Deputy Editor of The Scotsman. He returned to The Independent in 2003 as Executive Editor, and was appointed as Editor of the Independent on Sunday in 2008.
His departure as editor of The Independent on Sunday was announced in February 2013, and he was replaced in April by Lisa Markwell.
- ^ Willing's Press Guide (1988), p.172
- ^ "Scotsman deputy poached by Independent", Press Gazette, 17 January 2003
- ^ Stephen Brook, "John Mullin appointed Independent on Sunday editor", The Guardian, 24 January 2008
- ^ Josh Halliday and Lisa O'Carroll "Independent on Sunday editor exits as Lebedev papers go seven-day", The Guardian, 12 February 2013
- ^ Angela Haggerty "Appointment of Lisa Markwell as editor of Independent on Sunday announced by owner via Twitter", The Drum, 26 April 2013