March 26, 1989 |
West Vancouver, BC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)|
|NHL Draft||70th overall, 2007
John Negrin (born March 26, 1989) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player for the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (AHL). Negrin was a third round pick of the Calgary Flames, 70th overall, at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
A graduate of the Western Hockey League (WHL), Negrin played the 2008–09 WHL season with the Kootenay Ice and Swift Current Broncos. Upon the conclusion of his junior season, Negrin was assigned to the Quad City Flames, though he was recalled by Calgary on an emergency basis on April 3, 2009 before he could play an AHL game. He made his NHL debut that night against the Minnesota Wild and finished the season with Calgary. Negrin's 2009–10 season, his first professional season in Abbotsford, was reduced to just 45 games by a broken wrist. On January 30, 2012 Negrin was traded from the Calgary Flames to the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for forward Akim Aliu. He was then assigned to the Jets' AHL team, the St. John's IceCaps.
Negrin signed with the AHL's Chicago Wolves on August 20, 2012. On October 10, 2012 Negrin was assigned to the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL to begin the 2012–13 season. where he played in 32 games before he was recalled to Chicago on 14 January, 2013. After one appearance with the Wolves, Negrin was re-assigned to Kalamazoo. On February 27, 2013, Negrin received his second recall by the Wolves to be immediately loaned to fellow AHL club, the Lake Erie Monsters. For the remainder of the season, Negrin was a fixture in the Monsters blueline scoring 2 goals in 17 games.
Regular season and playoffs
|2008–09||Swift Current Broncos||WHL||25||3||15||18||22||7||2||4||6||8|
|2011–12||St. John's Ice Caps||AHL||14||0||3||3||6||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||17||2||2||4||19||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|East Second All-Star Team||2009|||
|CHL Top Prospects Game||2007|
- "Flames recall Negrin and Pelech". Calgary Flames Hockey Club. 2009-04-03. Retrieved 2009-04-03.
- Cullen, Scott (2010-05-21). "Off-season game plan: Calgary Flames". The Sports Network. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Staff, Sportsnet (2012-01-30). "Jets and Flames swap players". Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved 2012-01-30.
- "Chicago Wolves Ink Negin". Chicago Wolves. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "John Negrin". The Hockey News. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Three Assigned to Wolves". Kalamazoo Wings PR. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Five Players Leaving Chicago". Press Release. ChicagoWolves.com. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Wolves loan Negrin to Monsters". Twitter.com. 2013-02-27. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Comets sign defenseman Negrin". American Hockey League. 2013-07-19. Retrieved 2013-07-19.
- "WHL announced 2009 All-Star teams and Award finalists". Western Hockey League. 2009-03-25. Retrieved 2012-12-02.