|Houston Cougars — No. 5|
|Place of birth: Huntingdon, Pennsylvania|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school: St. Thomas Aquinas High School|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at ESPN.com|
John O'Korn is an American football quarterback for the Houston Cougars. After attending St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he led his team to the 2012 FHSAA 7A state high school title, O'Korn chose to attend the University of Houston. He began as the starting quarterback for Houston during the 2013 season as a true freshman after teammate David Piland suffered career-ending injuries.
John O'Korn was born to Gary and Paula O'Korn in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. He attended Huntingdon Area High School, where he played quarterback, throwing for 1,018 yards and 10 TDs as a sophomore, starting 5 games. As a youth, John was an outstanding baseball and basketball player as well as wrestler, placing in several national tournaments. When his family moved to Fort Lauderdale, Florida, O'Korn attended St. Thomas Aquinas High School. In his first season at St. Thomas Aquinas, he threw for 377 yards, seven touchdowns and three interceptions. The next season, he led the team to the 2012 FSHAA 7A state title with an average of 43 points per game. He set a school record most passing yards and touchdown passes in a single season.
O'Korn earned the backup position for quarterback during preseason camp behind David Piland. However, he made his first collegiate appearance during the first half of the season opener. He became the starting quarterback beginning with the 2013 Bayou Bucket Classic against Rice. When Piland announced that he would end his career due to concussions, O'Korn was solidified in the role.
- Sonnone, Brendan (June 22, 2012). "St. Thomas Aquinas QB John O'Korn commits to Houston". Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved October 10, 2013.
- Huguenin, Mike (September 19, 2013). "John O'Korn, a true freshman, will make first start for Houston". National Football League (NFL). Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "John O’Korn signs to play at Houston". The Daily News. February 7, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Duarte, Joseph (September 25, 2013). "UH's O'Korn no stranger to pressure". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- Price, Tim (September 27, 2013). "Houston tries to remain unbeaten against UTSA". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "QB David Piland cites concussions". ESPN. October 8, 2013. Retrieved October 9, 2013.