John Painter (theologian)
Painter studied at Moore Theological College, the University of London and the University of Durham. Before taking up his present position he had previously been Associate Professor at the University of Cape Town and La Trobe University. Painter was one of the translators of the Common English Bible.
- John: Witness and Theologian (1975) ISBN 0-281-02880-X
- The Quest for the Messiah: The History, Literature and Theology of the Johannine Community (1991) ISBN 0-567-09592-4
- Mark's Gospel (1997) ISBN 0-415-11365-2
- 1, 2, and 3 John (2002) ISBN 0-8146-5812-1
- Just James: The Brother of Jesus in History and Tradition (2005) ISBN 0-567-04191-3
- "Christology and the History of the Johannine Community in the Prologue of the Fourth Gospel," NTS 30 (1984) pp 440–474.
- "The 'Opponents' in I John," NTS 32 (1986) pp 48–71.
|This Australian biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|