John Parry (American football official)
John Parry (born c. 1965) is an American football official in the National Football League (NFL) since the 2000 NFL season. Parry officiated Super Bowl XLI in 2007 as a side judge on the crew headed by referee Tony Corrente. Following this game, he was promoted to referee for the 2007 NFL season following the retirement of Bill Vinovich due to health issues. He wears uniform number 132.
Parry is a native of Michigan City, Indiana and a graduate of Michigan City Rogers High School. Currently, Parry is a resident of Akron, Ohio; he is also an associate Financial Advisor for Ameriprise Financial in suburban Tallmadge. His father, Dave Parry, was the Supervisor of Officials for the Big Ten Conference, and the side judge in Super Bowl XVII.
Parry's 2014 NFL officiating crew consists of umpire Mark Pellis, head linesman Derick Bowers, line judge Julian Mapp, field judge Jon Lucivansky, side judge Joe Larrew and back judge Perry Paganelli. Parry worked the Patriots-Eagles preseason game in 2014 and part of his crew was one of the first female NFL officials, Maia Chaka.
Parry was the referee of the 2015 Pro Bowl.
- Volin, Ben (2007-08-04). "NBA ref scandal 'a wake-up call'". The Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Corrente to referee Super Bowl". Associated Press. 2007-01-31. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Ask the Official". Inside Football. 2007-08-12. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Super Stage". The News-Dispatch. 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2012-02-26.
- John Parry, Associate Financial Advisor with the practice of Keith Lucas – Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
- Full box score and list of referees for Eagles-Patriots 2014 preseason game