John Pawson (born 6 May 1949) is a British designer associated with the minimalist aesthetic.
Pawson studied at Eton College and the Architectural Association School of Architecture.
London's Cannelle Cake Shop, several Calvin Klein stores; such as the ice palace on Madison Avenue, work for Jigsaw (clothing retailer), New Wardour Castle apartments (2001), the Nový Dvůr Monastery, Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sept-Fons, Czech Republic (2004), Hotel Puerta America, Madrid (2005), Medina House in Tunis, and the Sackler Crossing, a walkway over the lake at the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew (2006).
An exhibition of Pawson's work was held at the Design Museum in September 2010.
- Minimum (Phaidon Press, 1996)
- Architecture of Truth (Phaidon Press, 2001)
- Leçons du Thoronet (Images En Manoeuvres Editions 2006)
- El Croquis 127 (Pause for Thought, John Pawson 1995/2005)
- John Pawson Works (Phaidon Press, Original edition 2000)
- John Pawson, Themes and Projects (IVAM/Phaidon Press, 2002)
- Living and Eating (Ebury Press/Clarkson Potter, 2001)
- "Barn" (Booth-Clibborn Editions, 1999)
- "John Pawson" (Gustavo Gili 1992, 1998)
- "Critic Volume 3: John Pawson" (Daishinsha Inc. 1995)