John Pickard (British actor)
2 November 1977
London, England, UK
|Relatives||Nick Pickard (brother)|
John Pickard is a British actor, best known for playing 'David Porter' in the BBC One 1991 TV series 2point4 Children and playing 'Dominic Reilly' (brother of Tony Hutchinson, played by Pickard's own brother Nick Pickard) in Channel 4's Hollyoaks. He left in 2 October 2010. In 2008, he became a Dr Who companion 'Thomas Brewster' in the Dr Who Audio Books in The Haunting of Thomas Brewster. Due to this and other audio books, he attended Gallifrey One in Feb 2010, an annual North American science fiction convention in Los Angeles, California.
He trained at the Sylvia Young Theatre School.
He has performed on stage, in films and on TV.
- 2003 - 'Wishy Washy' - Aladdin - The Playhouse, Weston-super-Mare
- 2012 - Beauty and the Beast - (Newark Palace Theatre, Newark-on-Trent)
As well as the pantomimes above, he has also performed as George in 'Same Time, Next Year' (at Ashcroft Theatre, Croydon), James in 'Writebites' (at Upstairs at The Bell), Trevor in 'Aphrodite Blugs' (at New End Theatre, Hampstead), Ben in 'Stroke Me' (at Finborough Theatre, Earls Court), Colin in 'Saved' (at Octagon Theatre, Bolton), Romeo in 'Romeo and Juliet' (Stafford Gatehouse Theatre) and Morton in 'An Enemy of the People' (at Playhouse Theatre).
|1990-1991||Grange Hill||Neil Timpson|
|1991 - 1999||2.4Children||David Porter|
|1993 - 1996||EastEnders||Kevin||As Robbie Jackson's friend|
|1994 - 1995||Live and Kicking||Himself||3 appearances|
|2000||The Bill||Kevin Maguire|
|2004||Mile High||Jack Fields||2nd Series|
|2007||Soapstar Superchef||Himself||Appeared with his brother, they came 18 out of 19|
|2008, 2009 + 2013||Hollyoaks Later||Dominic Reilly||Series 1 (3 episodes), Series 2 (5 episodes) and Series 6 (5 Episodes)|
|2005 - 2010||Hollyoaks||Dominic Reilly|
|Jun 2012||Casualty||PC Chris Bidner|
|1998||More than Dreams||Peter||A small Swiss featurefilm by Mikaël Ivan Roost|
|1999||Rage||Thomas 'T' Brecknock||Won an award at the Amiens International Film Festival in 2001|
- Miles, Tina (21 May 2008). "Hollyoaks stars take to the pitch for charity". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 26 May 2009.
- "Hollyoaks stars dazzle as they come out in force for John Pickard's leaving party". Daily Mail (London). 2 October 2010. Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Panto star John Pickard tells us what to expect from this year's show at Newark Palace Theatre, Beauty an the Beast". BBC. 17 December 2012. Retrieved 20 January 2013.
- Hilton, Beth (2 June 2010). "'Hollyoaks' John Pickard eyes 'EastEnders' role". Digital Spy. Retrieved 5 September 2010.