John Pugh (artist)
John Pugh is an American artist known for creating large trompe-l'oeil wall murals giving the illusion of a three-dimensional scene behind the wall. Pugh has been creating his murals since the late 1970s. He attended California State University Chico, receiving his BA in 1983 and the Distinguished Alumni Award in 2003. He has received numerous public and private commissions in the United States, Taiwan, and New Zealand. He lives in Santa Cruz, California. His particular mural style sparked the term "Narrative Illusionism".
- Standin' on the Corner Park – discusses the Pugh mural by that name.
- Bruce, Kevin. The Murals of John Pugh: Beyond Trompe L'Oeil. Ten Speed Press, Sept 2006, 168pp.
- John Pugh's Official Website
- Examples of John Pugh's work in the Daily Telegraph
- Trompe L’oeil The Perspective Illusionism of John Pugh
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|