John Quigley (academic)
John B. Quigley is a professor of law at the Moritz College of Law at the Ohio State University, where he is the Presidents' Club Professor of Law. In 1995 he was recipient of The Ohio State University Distinguished Scholar Award. Before joining the Ohio State faculty in 1969, Professor Quigley was a research scholar at Moscow State University, and a research associate in comparative law at Harvard Law School. Professor Quigley teaches International Law and Comparative Law. Professor Quigley holds an adjunct appointment in the Political Science Department. In 1982-83 he was a visiting professor at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
John Quigley is active in international human rights work. He has published many articles and books on human rights, the United Nations, war and peace, east European law, African law, and the Arab-Israeli conflict. He is fluent in Russian and French and highly proficient in Spanish and Swahili.
John Quigley's books include the following:
- Basic Laws on the Structure of the Soviet State (with H. J. Berman), Harvard University Press, 1969
- The Merchant Shipping Code of the USSR (1968) (with W. E. Butler), Johns Hopkins University Press, 1970
- The Soviet Foreign Trade Monopoly: Institutions and Laws, Ohio State University Press, 1974
- Law After Revolution: Essays on Socialist Law in Honor of Harold J. Berman (edited) (with William E. Butler and Peter B. Maggs), Oceana Publications, 1988
- Palestine and Israel: A Challenge to Justice, Duke University Press, 1990
- The Ruses for War: American Interventionism Since World War II, Prometheus Books, 1992
- Flight into the Maelstrom: Immigration to Israel and Middle East Peace, Ithaca Press, 1997
- Genocide in Cambodia: Documents from the Trial of Pol Pot and Ieng Sary (edited, with Howard J. DeNike and Kenneth J. Robinson), University of Pennsylvania Press, 2000
- The Case for Palestine: An International Law Perspective, Duke University Press, 2005
- The Genocide Convention: An International Law Analysis, Ashgate Publishing Ltd, 2006
- The Ruses for War: American Interventionism Since World War II. By John B. Quigley. Prometheus Books, 2007. 433 pgs.
- The Statehood of Palestine, Cambridge University Press, 2011
- To Combat Terrorism, U.S. Must Re-Examine Foreign Policy, "Identifying the Origins of Anti-American Terrorism," Florida Law Review, 2006 (56 Fla. L. Rev. 1003) Read Summary
- Courts Should Recognize Treaty-Based Rights, "Toward More Effective Judicial Implementation of Treaty-Based Rights," Fordham International Law Journal, 2006 (29 Fordham Int'l L.J. 552) Read Summary
- Palestinian Crisis Best Understood Under International Law "International Law and the Palestinian Refugees," Hastings International and Comparative Law Review, 2005 () Read Summary
- Biography on Ohio State Law website, http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/faculty/bios.php?ID=42
|This biographical article about an American legal academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|