John R. Connolly
Connolly is a resident of West Roxbury where he lives with his wife, Meg, and children, Clare, Teddy, and Mary Katherine. Meg is a psychologist and former social worker. His mother, Lynda Connolly recently retired as a Massachusetts court judge. His father, Michael J. Connolly, is a former Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth
In 1998 he taught at the Boston Renaissance Charter School.
After graduating from Boston College Law School, Connolly began his legal career with the firm Ropes and Gray. He started his own law firm, Schofield Campbell & Connolly, with two other Boston residents.
On November 3, 2007 Connolly's campaign for City Councilor At-Large admitted to mailing literature about incumbent councilor Stephen J. Murphy which until that point came from an unknown source. The acknowledgement came after a Boston Herald columnist accused the candidate of sending the unsigned, unattributed flyers.
Run for mayor
On February 26, 2013, Connolly announced he would stand in the Boston mayoral election, 2013. Connolly finished the second of twelve in the preliminary election in September 2013. On November 5, 2013 - He lost the general election to Marty Walsh.
- Lehigh, Scot (February 27, 2013). "Connolly a tough challenge for Mayor Menino". Boston Globe. Retrieved February 27, 2013.
- http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/11/06/unsigned_fliers_muddy_todays_race_for_council/. Missing or empty
- http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/02/26/boston-city-councilor-john-connolly-announces-run-against-long-time-mayor-thomas-menino/y4qtDE2mlYrNYbhZ7n0N6M/story.html. Missing or empty
- Daley, Beth (May 29, 2008). "Toxic baby bottles? Hearing today on bisphenol A". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Editorial (October 5, 2008). "Teachers welcome court intervention". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- Official City of Boston Website for John Connolly
- John Connolly for Mayor of Boston Campaign Website