John R. Talbott
John R. Talbott is an American finance expert, author, commentator, and political analyst. He is well known for having predicted national and international economic crises in the past decade. John offers financial consulting advice on a very personal and confidential basis to individuals and families. You can learn more about his One on One consulting activities at www.StopTheLying.com
According to Talbott's website, he graduated with a BS in Civil Engineering from Cornell University and received an MBA in Finance from the Anderson School of Business at UCLA. He served on the leveraged buyout team at Goldman Sachs during the 1990s and was a visiting scholar at the UCLA business school.
Talbott has written nine books on economics and politics. His first work, Slave Wages, published in 1999, warned of the breakdown in the internet stock craze that came to fruition in 2000-2001. The Coming Crash in the Housing Market: 10 Things You Can Do Now to Protect Your Most Valuable Investments (McGraw-Hill, 2003), accurately predict the current real estate bubble and earned him a reputation as "an oracle with a track record". The book was an Amazon.com and Business Week bestseller, but received a very skeptical review from the Wall Street Journal in 2003. In 2004 Financial Times Prentice Hall Books published Talbott’s book Where America Went Wrong: And How To Regain Her Democratic Ideals, which examined the relationship between prosperous economies and democratic institutions. His next book, Sell Now: The End of the Housing Bubble (St. Martin's Griffin, 2006), cemented his status as one of the first financial authors to predict the global banking crisis. It was reviewed by the San Francisco Chronicle.
His book Obamanomics: How Bottom-Up Economic Prosperity Will Replace Trickle-Down Economics (Seven Stories Press), was completed in early 2008 and published in July of that year, and described the economic policies that would characterize the Obama administration in response to what Talbott believed would be a staggering world economic crisis. It has been reviewed by the Los Angeles Times, and the New York Times and translated into Japanese  and Chinese  The Hartford Courant, in an AP story, described it as a "sleeper hit".
Contagion: The Financial Epidemic That Is Sweeping the Global Economy ... and How to Protect Yourself from It (Wiley, 2008), dissects the possibility of a global recession and the ways in which an individual can protect themselves and their investments.
How I Predicted the Global Banking Crisis: The Most Amazing Book You'll Never Read was published in 2011 and is a good introduction to Talbott's common-sense economics and to his previous writings.
Survival Investing: How to Prosper Amid Thieving Banks and Corrupt Governments is Talbott's newest book and will be published by Palgrave Macmillan in June 2012. In the book, Talbott explains why holding traditional financial investments like stocks, bonds and Treasuries will perform badly in the continuing tough economic climate ahead.
According to Talbott's website, www.StopTheLying.com, he has also written articles for numerous publications including The New Republic, The Financial Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Boston Globe. Talbott has appeared as a commentator on CNN, Fox, CNBC, FBN, CBS, and MSNBC.
- John Talbott official website
- "If the Roof Falls In" by Daniel Akst June 4, 2003
- "A BULL, A BEAR AND THE BUBBLE" Perrigan, Dana San Francisco Chronicle March 12, 2006
- LA Times July 16, 2008
- Jan. 16, 2009
- http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=John+R.+Talbott&fq=dt%3Abks+%3E+ln%3Ajpn&qt=facet_ln%3A オバマノミクス : 「持てる者への優遇の経済」から「持たざる者への思いやりの経済」へ / Obamanomikusu : moteru mono eno yūgū no keizai kara motazaru mono eno omoiyari no keizai e by ジョン・R.タルボット. John R Talbott; Ken Kuwat
- , Korean  오바마노믹스 : 오바마 정부하의 세계 경제 전망 / Obamanomiksŭ : Obama chŏngbu ŭi segye kyŏngje chŏnmang by 탈보트, 존 R., 1955- John R Talbott; Tʻaek-sun Song
-  奥巴马经济学 = Obamanomics /Ao'bama jing ji xue = Obamanomics by John R Talbott; Yu Xia; Lei Luo.
- Dec.10, 2008
- John Talbott’s webpage
- Talbott, John Buzzflash.com
- Leonard, Andrew Salon.com
- Q & A with John Talbott featured on Reuters
- Talbott op-ed in the San Francisco Chronicle
- The Coming Crash in the Housing Market
- Sell Now!
- The 86 Biggest Lies on Wall Street
- Talbott on Book TV
- Obamanomics in the Commentary Magazine blog
- Q & A with John Talbott featured on Bloomberg.com