From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
John Scott may refer to:
Britain and Ireland
- John Scott (British Army officer) (died 1775), MP 1754–75 for Caithness, Tain Burghs and Fife
- John Scott (died 1533), MP for New Romney, England
- John Scott (died 1619), MP for Chippenham (UK Parliament constituency)
- John Scott (Missouri politician) (1785–1861), Delegate and U.S. Representative from Missouri
- John Scott (MP for Hastings), 1385-1393, MP for Hastings (UK Parliament constituency)
- John Scott (MP for Ripon), MP for Ripon, UK
- John Scott (representative) (1784–1850), U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania
- John Scott (Scottish politician) (born 1951), Member of the Scottish Parliament
- John Scott (sheriff), Interim sheriff of Los Angeles County from January 2014, California, U.S.
- John Scott of Scott's Hall (c. 1423–1485), English Yorkist during the Wars of the Roses, Warden of the Cinque Ports
- John Scott (of Scot's Hall) (1570–1616), English Member of Parliament and councillor of the London Company of Virginia
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Eldon (1751–1838), Lord High Chancellor of Britain
- John Scott, 2nd Earl of Eldon (1805–1854), British peer and Tory politician
- John Scott, 9th Duke of Buccleuch (1923–2007), Scottish peer, politician and landowner
- John Scott-Waring (1747–1819), English political agent and Member of Parliament
- John Scott (Canadian politician) (1822–1857), first mayor of Bytown, later Ottawa
- John Scott (Iowa politician) (1824–1903), Lieutenant Governor of Iowa, U.S.
- John Scott (lawyer), Supreme Court of the Republic of Texas
- John Scott (mayor), first mayor for the city of Cumberland, Maryland, U.S.
- John Scott (Ohio politician), former member of the Ohio House of Representatives, U.S.
- John Scott (Pennsylvania) (1824–1896), lawyer, U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania
- John B. Scott (1789–1854), New York politician, U.S.
- John E. Scott (born 1939), former Missouri state senator and president pro tem, U.S.
- John Guier Scott (1819–1892), U.S. Representative from Missouri
- John M. Scott (1824–1898), Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Illinois, U.S.
- John Morin Scott (1730–1784), Continental Congressman and General, U.S.
- John Morin Scott (mayor) (1789–1858), mayor of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- John P. Scott (1933–2010), member of the New Jersey Senate, U.S.
- John Roger Kirkpatrick Scott (1873–1945), U.S. Representative from Pennsylvania
- Jock Scott (John Wyeth Scott, 1947–2009), lawyer, professor, and politician in Louisiana, U.S.
- John Scott (Australian politician) (born 1934), Member of the Australian House of Representatives
- John Scott (Queensland politician) (1821–1898), Member of the Queensland Legislative Assembly & Legislative Council, Australia
- Sir John Scott of Scotstarvet (1585–1670), Scottish lawyer remembered as a writer
- John A. Scott (born 1948), Australian poet and novelist, now using the name John Scott
- John Scott (editor) (1783–1821), editor of the London Magazine killed in a duel in 1821
- John Scott (writer) (1912–1976), Office of Strategic Services and Soviet spy during World War II, son of Scott Nearing
- John Scott of Amwell (1730–1783), Quaker poet and friend of Samuel Johnson
- John Scott (ice hockey) (born 1982), professional ice hockey winger/defenseman for the San Jose Sharks of the NHL
- John Scott (baseball) (born 1952), Major League Baseball outfielder for the Toronto Blue Jays
- John Scott (rugby union) (born 1954), English international rugby union player
- John Scott (cricketer, born 1841), English cricketer
- John Scott (English cricketer, born 1888), English cricketer
- John Scott (Australian cricketer, born 1888) (1888–1964), Australian cricketer and Test umpire
- John Scott (1890s footballer), Scottish footballer who played for Sunderland as a forward
- John Scott (1920s footballer), Scottish footballer
- John Scott (footballer, born 1872) (1872–?), Scottish footballer
- John Scott (footballer born 1942), English footballer
- John A. R. Scott, first head coach of Syracuse University's men's basketball team
- John Scott (sailor) (born 1934), Australian sailor
- John Scott (darts player) (born 1981), English darts player
- John Scott (1639–1695), English clergyman and devotional writer
- John Scott (1850-1919), English artist
- John Scott (adventurer) (ca 1634-1696), English soldier and Long Island colonist
- John Scott (Alabama), American founder of Montgomery, Alabama
- John Scott (architect) (1924–1992), New Zealand architect
- John Scott (botanist) (1838-1880), Scottish botanist
- John Scott (composer) (born 1930), British composer and conductor
- John Scott (engraver) (1774–1827), English engraver
- John Scott (entomologist) (1823–1888), English entomologist
- John Scott (horseman) (1794–1871), horse trainer in British thoroughbred racing
- Jack Scott (meteorologist) (1923–2008), British television weatherman
- John Scott (organist) (born 1956), English-born organist of St. Thomas's Church, New York City
- John Scott (Royal Navy officer) (died 1805), warrant officer in the Royal Navy, friend and confidant to Lord Nelson
- John Scott (shipbuilder) (1830–1903), Scottish engineer and shipbuilder
- John Scott (sociologist) (born 1949), British sociologist
- John Scott, 1st Earl of Clonmell (1739–1798), Irish barrister and judge
- John Alden Scott (1916–1996), American president of the Gannett Foundation
- John Beldon Scott, American art historian
- John Halliday Scott (1851–1914), New Zealand professor, artist, and medical school dean
- John L. Scott, Seattle-based real estate brokerage, U.S.
- John Maurice Scott (1948–2001), Director General of the Fiji Red Cross, murdered in 2001
- John Paul Scott (1927–1987), American and the only Alcatraz prison inmate to reach San Francisco by swimming
- John Oldrid Scott (1841–1913), English architect
- John Stuart Scott (born 1966), American television director
- John T. Scott (1940–2007), African American sculptor, painter, printmaker, and collagist
- John Walter Scott (1845–1919), English-American stamp dealer
- John Witherspoon Scott (1800–1892), American minister, college president, and father of First Lady Caroline Harrison
- John Work Scott (1807–1879), American president of Washington College
- John Scott (medical researcher) (born 1931), New Zealand scientist and medic
- John Scott (Fringe), character played by Mark Valley in the TV series Fringe
- Jon Scott (born 1958), American news presenter
- Johnny Scott (disambiguation)
- Jack Scott (disambiguation)
- All pages beginning with "John Scott"
|This disambiguation page lists articles about people with the same name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|