John Scott (ice hockey)
September 26, 1982 |
Edmonton, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 8 in (203 cm)|
|Weight||270 lb (120 kg; 19 st 4 lb)|
|San Jose Sharks
New York Rangers
John Howard Scott (born September 26, 1982) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman / winger who currently plays for the San Jose Sharks. Scott previously played for the Minnesota Wild, Chicago Blackhawks, New York Rangers and the Buffalo Sabres. He can play both wing and defense. Scott was born in Edmonton, Alberta, but grew up in St. Catharines, Ontario.
Undrafted, Scott committed to a four-year collegiate hockey career with Michigan Tech in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association. As an enforcing physical defenseman, Scott recorded just 19 points with 347 penalty minutes in his time with the Huskies.
A free agent, Scott joined the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League. During his first professional season in 2006–07 he was signed by the Minnesota Wild to an entry-level contract. In the 2009–10 season Scott scored his first NHL goal on November 15, 2009, against Michael Leighton of the Carolina Hurricanes in a 5-4 loss in a Shootout.
On July 1, 2010, Scott left the Wild as a free agent and signed a two-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks.
On July 1, 2012, Scott agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Buffalo Sabres. On May 20, 2013, the Sabres re-signed Scott to a one-year contract extension worth $750,000.
On October 31, 2013, Scott was suspended 7 games for an illegal check to the head of the Bruins' Loui Eriksson a week prior. On December 27, 2013, Scott scored his second career goal vs Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier.
On July 2, 2014, Scott signed as a free agent to a one-year contract with the San Jose Sharks.
|2011–12||New York Rangers||NHL||6||0||0||0||5||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Wild signs D John Scott to a contract". Minnesota Wild. 2006-12-31. Retrieved 2010-07-01.
- "Jokinen gets shootout winner to help Hurricanes snap 14-game slide". CBS Sports. Retrieved 2010-06-17.
- "Rangers obtain Scott from Blackhawks". New York Rangers. February 27, 2012. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "Sabres agreed to terms with Forward John Scott". Buffalo Sabres. 2012-07-01. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- "Scott, Fedun sign one-year contracts with Sharks". National Hockey League. 2014-07-01. Retrieved 2014-07-01.