John Seymour, 19th Duke of Somerset
John Michael Edward Seymour, 19th Duke of Somerset DL FRICS (born Bath, 30 December 1952), styled Lord Seymour between 1954 and 1984, is the present holder of the Dukedom of Somerset and a major landowner in Wiltshire and Devon.
Somerset is the son of Percy Seymour, 18th Duke of Somerset, and Jane Thomas. He was educated at Hawtreys and Eton and inherited the dukedom in 1984, on the death of his father. He stood for election on 10 May 2011 for a seat as a Crossbench Peer in the House of Lords but came second to Lord Lytton.
- Sebastian Seymour, Lord Seymour (b. Queen Charlotte's Hospital, London, 3 February 1982), m. Lagrasse, France, 27 August 2006 Arlette Marie Leontine Lafayeedney
- Lady Sophia Rose Seymour (b. 1987)
- Lady Henrietta Charlotte Seymour (b. 1989)
- Lord Charles Thomas George Seymour (b. 1992)
- Ducal House of Somerset
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Duke of Somerset
|Peerage of England|
|Duke of Somerset
1984 – present
|Orders of precedence in the United Kingdom|
The Duke of Norfolk
His Grace The Duke of Somerset
The Duke of Richmond