John Smart (futurist)
John M. Smart (born 10 September 1960) is a futurist and scholar of accelerating change. He is founder and president of the Acceleration Studies Foundation, an organization that does "outreach, education, research, and advocacy with respect to issues of accelerating change". Smart has an MS in futures studies from the University of Houston, an MS equivalency (two years of med school and USLME-I) in medicine from UCSD School of Medicine, and a BS in business administration from U.C. Berkeley. He also did graduate studies at UCSD under systems theorist James Grier Miller.
- Acceleration Watch (formerly Singularity Watch) - Personal web site, includes extensive, print and web-published writings on accelerating change, evolutionary development, the technological singularity, and futures studies.
- Biography page at KurzweilAI.net
- Stanford Singularity Summit (includes A/V of presentations by Smart and several relevant contemporaries)
- SYNCD.org - John Smart about accelerating change and the unbounded complexity and potential of the "inner space"
- Interview with John Smart on "Developmental Singularity Hypothesis" and STEM compression