Steffensen (second from the left) after winning the bronze medal at the 2009 World Championships 4 x 400 m Silver
|Born||August 30, 1982|
|Height||1.8 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lb)|
|Event(s)||4 × 400m Relay|
John William Steffensen, born 30 August 1982 in Perth, Western Australia to South African immigrant parents, is an Australian athlete, who specialises in 200 and 400 metres. His personal bests are 20.79 and 44.73.
Steffensen competed in the 2004 Olympics, and was a part of the Australian team that won the silver medal in 4 x 400 metres relay. In the 2005 World Championships in Helsinki, he competed in 1500m meters, where he finished last in the final with 3.40.
He won a second gold medal as the first runner in the 4 x 400 m Australian relay team at the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
He is an old boy of Trinity College, Perth
He is an old boy of Guildford Grammar School, Perth (92-96).
- "Results of the 400m final at the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games". Retrieved 2006-03-23.
- Gallagher, Brendan (9 September 2010). "Commonwealth Games 2010: Australia's John Steffensen to boycott Delhi games". The Daily Telegraph (London).
- John Steffensen profile at IAAF
- Athletics Australia profile
- John Steffensen website - www.johnsteffensen.com.au
- John Steffensen - Dexion Brand Ambassador
|This biographical article relating to Australian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|