John Steinbreder is an American writer. He has written or co-written six books on sports (four on golf, one on ice hockey, and one on NFL football). He is the co-author of two books on family custody issues. A forthcoming book will deal with billionaire golf benefactor and hotelier Herbert Kohler, Jr.'s golf courses. He is also a frequent freelance contributor to periodicals.
 Education and career
Steinbreder attended Franklin College Switzerland from 1974–76, the University of Nairobi from 1976–77, and graduated from the University of Oregon with a degree in journalism in 1979. He served as a writer and reporter with Sports Illustrated magazine from 1988 to 1991, and was a regular columnist for Golfweek magazine from 1999 to 2008.
 Major works
- Golf Courses of the U.S. Open, by John Steinbreder, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 1996, ISBN 0-87833-940-X. Pictorial history of golf clubs which have hosted the U.S. Open (golf), the premier American golf championship.
- Fighting for Your Children: A Father's Guide to Custody, by John Steinbreder and Richard G. Kent, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 1998, ISBN 0-87833-941-8.
- Giants: 75 Seasons of Championship Football, second edition, by John Steinbreder, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 1999, ISBN 0-87833-159-X. History of the National Football League's New York Giants.
- Hockey for Dummies, by John Davidson and John Steinbreder, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, ISBN 0-7645-5045-4.
- Golf Rules and Etiquette for Dummies, by John Steinbreder, For Dummies, 2001, ISBN 0-7645-5333-X.
- Club Life: The Games Golfers Play, by John Steinbreder, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 2006, ISBN 1-58979-292-0.
- Solomon's Choice: A Guide to Custody for Ex-husbands, Spurned Partners, And Forgotten Grandparents, by John Steinbreder and Richard G. Kent, Taylor Publishing Co., Dallas, 2006, ISBN 1-58979-284-X.
- The Giant Book of Golf Quotations, by John Steinbreder, Skyhorse Publishing Co. Ltd., 2007, ISBN 1-60239-014-2.