John T. Edge
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012)|
John T. Edge is a writer and commentator and the director of the Southern Foodways Alliance, an institute of the Center for the Study of Southern Culture at the University of Mississippi. Edge holds a masters degree in Southern Studies from the University of Mississippi and an MFA in Creative Non-Fiction from Goucher College. Edge has authored numerous books detailing how America eats, including, Fried Chicken: An American Story, Apple Pie: An American Story, 'Southern Belly, and The Truck Food Cookbook.
He is a columnist for the New York Times the Oxford American and Garden & Gun.
Edge has been a regular contributor for the weekend edition of NPR's All Things Considered and has appeared on a number of television shows from CBS Sunday Morning to Iron Chef. In 2012 he won the MFK Fisher Distinguished Writing Award from the James Beard Foundation. His work has also been featured in 10 editions of the Best Food Writing Anthology. 
Every October, the Southern Foodways Alliance sponsors a symposium in Oxford, Mississippi on southern food. Edge is one the primary organizers and the master of ceremonies for the many events, which attracts several hundred attendees. The SFA also does oral history work, makes films, and stages other events.
- Edge, John T. The Truck Food Cookbook: 150 Recipes and Ramblings from America's Best Restaurants on Wheels. Workman, 2012. ISBN 978-0761156161
- Edge, John T. and Roahen, Sara, editors. The Southern Foodways Alliance Community Cookbook UGA Press, 2010. ISBN 978-0820332758
- Edge, John T. Southern Belly: The Ultimate Food Lovers Companion to the American South. 2012. ISBN 978-1565125476.
- Edge, John T. Donuts: An American Passion. Putnam Adult, 2006. ISBN 0-399-15358-6.
- Edge, John T. Fried Chicken: An American Story. Putnam Adult, 2004. ISBN 0-399-15183-4.
- Edge, John T. Hamburgers and Fries. ISBN 0-399-15274-1.
- Edge, John T. Apple Pie: An American Story. Putnam Adult, 2004. ISBN 0-399-15215-6.
- Edge, John T. and Hobbs, Blair. Southern Belly: The Ultimate Food Lover's Guide to the South. Hill Street Press, 2002. ISBN 1-892514-65-6.
- Edge, John T. A Gracious Plenty. HP Trade, 2002. ISBN 1-55788-388-2