John Tiptoft, 2nd Baron Tibetot
John Tiptoft (or Tibetot), 2nd Baron Tibetot (20 July 1313 – 13 April 1367), English nobleman, was the son of Pain Tiptoft, 1st Baron Tibetot and Agnes de Ros.
He married Margaret de Badlesmere, daughter of Bartholomew de Badlesmere, 1st Lord Badlesmere, and had two children:
- Robert Tiptoft, 3rd Baron Tibetot (1341–1372)
- John Tiptoft, died without issue
He married a second time to Elizabeth Aspall, daughter of Sir Robert Aspall, and had one child:
- Sir Pain Tiptoft (d. c. 1413)
- As for example quartered by the Barons Scrope of Bolton, (the 2nd baron (d.1403) married one of the co-heiresses of Robert Tiptoft, 3rd Baron Tibetot (d.1372)) to be seen in quarterings of John Wyndham (1558-1645), Watchet Church, Somerset
- "Edward III and the English aristocracy at the beginning of the Hundred Years War". Retrieved 2006-11-01.
|Peerage of England|
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of England is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|