John W. Stanton
John W. Stanton is the current chairman of the board of Clearwire Corporation. John is also a director on the boards of Columbia Sportswear and General Communication Inc. John was the founder and former CEO of Western Wireless Corporation, former chairman and CEO of VoiceStream Wireless, and former chairman of the CTIA. John is listed as #840 in the Forbes 2007 "Richest People" study. It is estimated his net worth US$1.1 billion. John Stanton is currently chairman of the Board of Trustees of Whitman College in Walla Walla, Washington, where he earned his undergraduate degree. He resides in Bellevue, Washington with his wife, Theresa Gillespie and their two sons.
- "Profile: John W. Stanton", Forbes magazine. (archived 2010)
- "Western Wireless Corporate Officers". Archived from the original on March 6, 2005.
- "The World's Billionaires — John Stanton". Forbes Magazine. March 8, 2007. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "List of Board of Trustees". Whitman College. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- M. Sharon Baker (July 15, 2005). "Western Wireless' John Stanton ponders next move". Portland Business Journal. Retrieved 2007-12-12.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|