||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2009)|
John Will (born martial artist from Australia. Will won the Best Exponent Award in the first World Silat Championships held in Jakarta in 1981. Will also completed his black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Rigan Machado and his brothers, John, Roger and Jean Jacques Machado in 1997; making him one of the first twelve foreign nationals to have earned a black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.16 April 1957) is a notable
Personal life 
John Will's background includes training in amateur wrestling, Goju Kai Karate and Taekwondo, training with Benny Urquidez, Gene LeBell, Pete Cunningham, Rorion Gracie and Rickson Gracie and the Machado brothers and teaching Shootfighting. During a trip to India, John Will trained in the art of Vajra Mushti under the Jyesthimalla clan in Gujarat, India. Will is also credited with publishing a rare first-hand account of the ancient Indian martial art in western media.
John Will is noted for taking several overseas martial arts training trips each year, and has been doing so since 1975; including training in Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan, the U.S. and Brazil. Currently John Will is the Australian national director of Machado Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Australia. The organization is the largest in the Australasian region (with over 70 member schools) and is known as BJJ Australasia. He teaches BJJ, as well as Shootfighting, at his Black Belt Studios in Geelong.
Along with partner David Meyer (based in San Francisco), Will founded BJJ America and to date, more than 600 schools throughout the USA, utilize the professional BJJ Curriculum that Will designed and authored in 2000. More recently, he has tailor-designed various curriculi for several notable martial arts organizations including Chuck Norris's UFAF (United Fighting Arts Federation).
John teaches distilled, accelerated learning-based defensive tactics programs to various law enforcement and military agencies; including the Australian Federal Police, the Australian Defence Forces, the Marine Corps at Quantico in Virginia, USA .. and many others. He is renowned for his ability to tailor-design both the tactical package and the delivery methodology to go with it. His highly innovative teaching methodologies have earned him a reputation as a Supercoach; and it is in this capacity as a trainer of trainers that he obtains much of his employment. To date, he is the only non military SME (subject matter expert) that the Australian military has employed to design and teach their MUC (Military Unarmed Combat) package.
John is a self published author, with 4 instructional books directed at the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Self-defence market. His first 3 books are purely BJJ orientated and cover: Fundamentals, The Guard and advanced attacks & escapes. His 4th Instructional Book is "Fight ~ Logic" a book that covers Johns passion for all aspects of the self defence game, from Pre-Fight scenarios right through to taking the fight to the ground and conclusion.
John's recent writing focus has been the penning of his autobiography, which is to be released as a 3 part series entitled Rogue Black Belt. As with his instructional Books, John is publishing these works himself and selling them via his websites and through his extensive network of Martial Arts friends and practitioners.
- Book 1: Rogue Black Belt: Fear & the Engine focuses on John's early years growing up in Australia and the path that led him to the Martial Arts and onto Bali and his Silat World Championship win in 1982.
- Book 2: Rogue Black Belt: Challenge & Ownership continues the story after the Bali years and through the forming of Blitz Magazine in Australia and his subsequent travels to India, Thailand, Japan, the USA and Brazil, where he interacts with some of Martial Arts' biggest legends and most famous practitioners, leading to his discovery of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Book 3: Rogue Black Belt: Passion & Purpose will take John's story from his fledgling BJJ and Defensive Tactics teachings to the full blown instructor of instructors of today.
Notable students 
- Elvis Sinosic - UFC Fighter
- Anthony Perosh - UFC Fighter
- Brian Johnson - NAGA Champion
- Stacey Cartwright - Abu Dhabi Winner
- Maryanne Mullahy - Mundials Gold Medallist
- Melissa Will - Panams Gold Medallist
- Steven Perceval - BJJ Black belt - CFC head referee and an appointed referee for UFC 110 Sydney Australia (Acer Arena)
- Frank Monea - Martial Arts Hall of Fame - 1999
- Fari Salievski - Brown Belt
- Daniel Digby - BJJ Brown Belt - Industry of Combat New Zealand Welterweight Title Holder
- John Will's autobiography Rogue Black Belt: His life from his perspective
- John Will's Personal Blog
- John Will profile
- Will/Machado BJJ Australia
- Vajramushti The Ancient Vale Tudo of India by John B Will
- John Will. Articles and interviews
- John Will's distilled, accelerated learning-based defensive tactics program