John Wakefield Willink was educated at Clifton College  and Pembroke College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1881, he held a curacy at Bishop Auckland before becoming Vicar of St John’s, Sunderland. In 1891 he moved to St Helens and then held further incumbencies at Great Yarmouth and Birmingham. He became Dean of Norwich in 1919 and held the post until his death on 22 September 1927.
- London Gazette
- National Archives
- Who was Who 1987-1990: London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Willink, John Wakefield (WLNK877JW)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Ordinations Durham The Times Wednesday, Dec 21, 1881; pg. 10; Issue 30383; col B
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co, 1889
- Norfolk Record Office online catalogue
- ”Norwich Cathedral : church, city and diocese, 1096-1996” Atherton, I: London Hambledon Press, 1996 ISBN 1-85285-134-1
- The Dean Of Norwich. Sudden Death From Heart Attack. (Obituaries) The Times Friday, Sep 23, 1927; pg. 15; Issue 44694; col E
|Church of England titles|
Henry Charles Beeching
|Dean of Norwich
Daniel Herbert Somerset Cranage
|This article about a member of the Christian clergy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|