John Willis Clark
John Willis Clark (1833 – 1910), sometimes J. W. Clark, was an English academic and antiquarian.
Clark was born into a Cambridge University academic family, and was a nephew of Prof. Robert Willis. Educated at Eton and Trinity College, Cambridge, he spent his life at the university, serving as Fellow of Trinity, Superintendent of the Cambridge University Museum of Zoology from 1866-1892, and Registrary of the University. He was also Secretary of the Cambridge Antiquarian Society. He is buried in the Mill Road cemetery, Cambridge.
His son was Sir William Henry Clark.
- Architectural History of the University and Colleges of Cambridge, with Robert Willis, 4 volumes, 1886.
- The Life and Letters of The Reverend Adam Sedgwick (1890) in 2 volumes
- Libraries in the Medieval and Renaissance Periods (1894)
- The observances in use at The Augustinian Priory of S. Giles : and S. Andrew at Barnwell, Cambridgeshire (1897)
- On the Vatican Library of Sixtus IV (1899])
- A descriptive catalogue of the manuscripts in the library of Peterhouse (1899)
- Old friends at Cambridge and elsewhere (1900)
- Cambridge; a concise guide to the town & university in [an introduction and] four walks (1902)
- Endowments of the University of Cambridge (1904)
- Cambridge (1908)
- The Care of Books (1909)
- James Burrough
- William Clark
- Nicholas Close
- John Dawson (surgeon) (1734-1820)
- Philip Douglas
- James Essex
- Richard Harraden
- Joseph Jowett
- David Loggan
- Henry Richards Luard
- Isaac Milner
- John Montagu (Trinity) (1655?-1728)
- George Peacock (1791-1858)
- George Phillips (canon lawyer) (1804-1892)
- Robert Plumptre
- Thomas Postlethwaite
- Joseph Power
- George Pryme
- Connop Thirlwall
- William Hepworth Thompson
- Francis Willis
- Robert Willis (engineer) (1800-1875)
- Francis John Hyde Wollaston
- Christopher Wordsworth (1774-1846)
Works about Clark
- "Obituary", John Willis Clark, The Times, 1910, "Obituary: Mr. John Willis Clark"
- "Clark, John Willis (CLRK851JW)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Arthur Shipley, "J": a Memoir of John Willis Clark, 1913.
- John Willis Clark and The Care of Books at the Fitzwilliam Museum
- Clark, John Willis. (1904). Endowments of the University of Cambridge. Cambridge University Press (reissued by Cambridge University Press, 2009; ISBN 978-1-108-00306-3)
- Clark, John Willis. (1902). The Care of Books. Cambridge University Press (reissued by Cambridge University Press, 2009; ISBN 978-1-108-00508-1)
- Clark, John Willis. (1901). Specimens of Printing Types and Ornaments. Cambridge University Press (reissued by Cambridge University Press, 2009; ISBN 978-1-108-00106-9)
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
John Willis Clark