John Willison Green
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|John Willison Green|
February 12, 1927 |
|Other names||Mr. Sasquatch|
|Education||University of British Columbia & Columbia University|
|Occupation||Bigfoot Researcher, Author, Journalist|
|Notable credit(s)||Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us, On the Track of the Sasquatch, Year of the Sasquatch, The Sasquatch File|
John Willison Green (born February 12, 1927) is a Canadian retired journalist and a leading researcher into the Bigfoot phenomenon. He is a graduate of both the University of British Columbia and Columbia University and has a database of more than 3000 sighting and track reports, leading some to affectionately refer to him as "Mr. Sasquatch."
Sasquatch Investigation work
Green first began investigating Sasquatch sightings and track finds in 1957 after meeting René Dahinden and the two researchers collaborated in interviewing witnesses and sharing information of alleged sightings. A year later Green was shown a series of 15" tracks crossing a sandbar beside Bluff Creek in California so deeply impressed as to indicate a weight many times that of any potential hoaxer. He has been trying ever since to establish what it is that makes the tracks. Green is also the only surviving person to have investigated the original Sasquatch tracks reported in Bluff Creek, California, in the summer of 1958.
As a renowned authority in the field, Green has appeared as a keynote speaker at all three of the major scientific Sasquatch symposia held so far. Green has authored several Sasquatch books, including Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us, regarded by the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (BFRO) as the "best written book on the subject". It has recently been re-issued, along with an updated combination of two earlier books, and is titled The Best of Sasquatch Bigfoot.
A Tribute to John Green was held in Harrison Hot Springs from April 8–10, 2011. April 9 was the main day for presentations by renowned personalities in the field, including Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Dr. John Bindernagel and Loren Coleman.
Green currently resides in Chilliwack, British Columbia.
- On the Track of the Sasquatch (1968) (ISBN 0-88839-341-5)
- Year of the Sasquatch (1970)
- The Sasquatch File (1973)
- Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us (1978) (ISBN 0-88839-018-1)
- Encounters with Bigfoot (ISBN 0-88839-340-7)
- The Best of Sasquatch Bigfoot (ISBN 0-88839-546-9)
- "Sasquatch Hunter Goes On". The Spokesman-Review. January 15, 1970. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- Lindsay, Stephen (May 5, 2007). "Seeking sasquatch". The Spokesman-Review. pp. 8–9. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- "The Apes Among Us". Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- Graf, Christine (October 2010). "In Search of Monsters". Faces 27 (2): 8–11. ISSN 0749-1387.