John van Bruggen
John van Bruggen, a Canadian animation writer and director, is the husband and creative partner of Arna Selznick, the director of 1985's The Care Bears Movie. He and Selznick were layout supervisors on its 1986 sequel. They are partners in the creative services company, dancingmonkeys.
He was nominated for a Gemini Award in 2000 for his story Franklin and the Two Henrys, also from the Franklin series. He received a second nomination in 2004 for Best Writing in a Children's or Youth Program or Series, for "Jacob Two-Two and the Purloined Hockey Card".
The "van" in his name is sometimes listed with a capital V in his animated credits.
Some of van Bruggen's other credits include:
- Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends (contributing writer)
- Gerald McBoing-Boing (contributing writer)
- Franklin (John was director for season 1 and 2 of the animated television series, writer on Back to School with Franklin, and director on Franklin and the Green Knight and Franklin's Magic Christmas) He also wrote a story, "It's Father's Day, Franklin!," for the CGI followup, Franklin and Friends.
- Little Bear (co-director, post production)
- Marvin The Tap-Dancing Horse (co-director)
- Dog City (director, season 1 and 2 of the television series)
- Beetlejuice (the animated series) (A. D., the premiere season, under director Robin Budd. John was also one of the three television series directors for Beetlejuice syndication)
- "Complete list of Gemini nominees". Toronto Star. 2000-09-20. p. E4.
- "The 2004 Gemini nominees". Playback : Canada's Broadcast and Production Journal. 2004-11-08. p. 18.
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|