May 2007 – February 2011
June 1997 – May 2007
|Born||1 January 1948|
|Political party||Fianna Fáil|
Brady was first elected to Dáil Éireann at the 1997 general election for the Meath constituency and was re-elected at the 2002 general election. He is a former Chairperson of Meath County Council. Brady was re-elected at the 2007 general election for the Meath West constituency.
In February 2011 Brady, who as chairman of the Oireachtas Agriculture Committee received an extra €20,000 on top of his €100,000 annual salary along with €70,000 in expenses, claimed he was "no better off" than when he was a councillor in 1974 on a salary of £6. Fine Gael's Alan Shatter commented: "it is perverse an elected member of the party that got us into this situation should whinge about his €100,000 salary, perhaps a stint in the real world will remind him of the struggles that people are facing".
- "Mr. Johnny Brady". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 18 January 2009.
- "Johnny Brady". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 18 January 2009.
- "Brady’s salary comments 'go down like lead balloon’". Meath Chronicle. 9 February 2011.
- "FF TD: I’m no better off on my €108,447 salary". thejournal.ie. 10 February 2011.
- "I can't live on EUR100k, claims TD". The Free Library. 10 February 2011.
|Fianna Fáil Teachta Dála for Meath
|New constituency||Fianna Fáil Teachta Dála for Meath West
|This article about a Fianna Fáil politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|