Johnny Olson's Rumpus Room
|Johnny Olson's Rumpus Room|
|Presented by||Johnny Olson|
|Country of origin||USA|
|Running time||50 mins.|
|Original run||January 17, 1949– July 4, 1952|
Johnny Olson's Rumpus Room is an American variety show hosted by Johnny Olson that aired from January 17, 1949 to July 4, 1952 on the now-defunct DuMont Television Network. The show was the first daytime television show broadcast from New York City to DuMont's small network of East Coast cities. Olson also hosted the DuMont talent show Doorway to Fame (May 1947 – July 1949), and DuMont's Saturday morning children's show Kids and Company (September 1951 – June 1952).
In the 1940s, Olson hosted a popular radio show in Chicago also titled Johnny Olson's Rumpus Room, an evening variety show running 10:30 pm to 12 midnight (CT). Olson went on to become a famous announcer on American game shows, including as the announcer on The Price Is Right on CBS Television from 1972 until his death.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1