Johnny Winter (album)
|Studio album by Johnny Winter|
|Recorded||February-March, 1969 in Nashville|
|Genre||Electric blues, blues-rock|
|Johnny Winter chronology|
|Rolling Stone||(Not Rated)|
Johnny Winter is Johnny Winter's second studio album, released in 1969. UK CBS issued this as a nine track late -69 in both stereo and mono (S63619/M63619). This album may have been intended as a Quadraphonic album as a 4-channel reel was prepared but to this day remains unreleased.
- "I'm Yours & I'm Hers" (Johnny Winter) - 4:33
- "Be Careful with a Fool" (Joe Josea, B. B. King) - 5:17
- "Dallas" (Johnny Winter) - 2:48
- "Mean Mistreater" (James Gordon) - 3:54
- "Leland Mississippi Blues" (Johnny Winter) - 3:32
- "Good Morning Little School Girl" - (Sonny Boy Williamson) - 2:45
- "When You Got a Good Friend" (Robert Johnson) - 3:41
- "I'll Drown in My Tears" (Henry Glover) - 4:46
- "Back Door Friend" (Lightnin' Hopkins, Stan Lewis) - 2:55
- 2004 reissue bonus tracks
- "Country Girl"* (B.B. King) - 3:08
- "Dallas"* (Johnny Winter) - 3:37
- "Two Steps from the Blues"* (John Riley Brown, Deadric Malone) - 2:35
- Johnny Winter - guitar, vocals
- Edgar Winter - keyboards
- Uncle John Turner - percussion
- Tommy Shannon - bass
- Elsie Senter - backing vocals
- Stephen Ralph Sefsik - alto saxophone
- Norman Ray - baritone saxophone
- Carrie Hossel - backing vocals
- Walter "Shakey" Horton - hamonica
- Karl Garin - trumpet
- Willie Dixon - acoustic bass
- A. Wynn Butler - tenor saxophone
- Peggy Bowers - backing vocals
- Producer: Johnny Winter
- Production consultant: Eddie Kramer
- Production assistance: Marvin Devonish
- Spiritual producer: Steve Paul
- Koda, Cub. "Johnny Winter - Johnny Winter : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Rolling Stone Music | Album Reviews". Rollingstone.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Su, Peter. "Johnny Winter: self-titled < PopMatters". Popmatters.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- g, manos (December 3, 2013). "Review: CD Johnny Winter - Johnny Winter Album". sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2013-12-04.