|— Golfer —|
|Full name||Montford Johnson Wagner|
March 23, 1980 |
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||230 lb (100 kg; 16 st)|
|Residence||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Current tour(s)||PGA Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
|Best results in major championships
|Masters Tournament||T36: 2008|
|U.S. Open||CUT: 2004, 2007|
|The Open Championship||T58: 2013|
|PGA Championship||T51: 2011|
Montford Johnson Wagner (born March 23, 1980) is an American professional golfer.
Wagner is currently a member of the PGA Tour. He was a member of the Nationwide Tour from 2003 to 2006. He earned his PGA Tour card for the 2007 season by finishing 2nd on the money list in the Nationwide Tour in 2006. In 2008 Wagner gained his first PGA Tour victory at the Shell Houston Open. The win earned him an invitation to the Masters Tournament and a two year Tour exemption.
In 2010, Wagner finished 126th on the PGA Tour after a rally at the season finale fell short, just missing full Tour privileges; Johnson was described as "delighted" because he started the week 153rd on the money list. On February 27, 2011, he won the Mayakoba Golf Classic at Riviera Maya-Cancun in a playoff over Spencer Levin with par on the first hole and regained his Tour card through 2013. It was the first time since 2000 that a golfer (Robert Allenby) finished 126th on the Tour and won the following season. Johnson won the first full-field event of 2012, the Sony Open in Hawaii, and extended his Tour privileges through 2014. He also moved into the Top 100 in the OWGR for the first time in his career, moving from 198 to 92.
this list may be incomplete
Professional wins (7)
PGA Tour wins (3)
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||Apr 6, 2008||Shell Houston Open||–16 (63-69-69-71=272)||2 strokes||Chad Campbell, Geoff Ogilvy|
|2||Feb 27, 2011||Mayakoba Golf Classic at Riviera Maya-Cancun||–17 (69-66-65-67=267)||Playoff||Spencer Levin|
|3||Jan 15, 2012||Sony Open in Hawaii||–13 (68-66-66-67=267)||2 strokes|| Harrison Frazar, Charles Howell III,
Sean O'Hair, Carl Pettersson
PGA Tour playoff record (1–0)
|1||2011||Mayakoba Golf Classic at Riviera Maya-Cancun||Spencer Levin||Won with par on the first extra hole|
Nationwide Tour wins (2)
Other wins (2)
Results in major championships
|The Open Championship||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||DNP||CUT||T58|
DNP = Did not play
CUT = missed the half-way cut
"T" = tied
Yellow background for top-10.
- Morfit, Cameron (January 1, 2007). "Johnson Wagner is Ready". Golf Magazine. Retrieved April 7, 2008.
- "Wagner earns Masters berth with first PGA Tour victory". ESPN. Associated Press. April 6, 2008. Retrieved April 7, 2008.
- Green Jr., Ron (January 28, 2012). "Charlotte's Johnson Wagner finds groove on PGA Tour". The Charlotte Observer. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- Lavner, Ryan (November 15, 2010). "Wagner remains upbeat despite loss of card". Golfweek. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Johnson Wagner wins after playoff". ESPN. Associated Press. February 27, 2011. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- "Johnson Wagner wins PGA Tour's Sony Open". The Seattle Times. January 15, 2012. Retrieved August 13, 2012.