Johnston Township, Trumbull County, Ohio
|Johnston Township, Trumbull County, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Trumbull County
|• Total||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Land||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,089 ft (332 m)|
|• Density||82.7/sq mi (31.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087035|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Gustavus Township - north
- Kinsman Township - northeast corner
- Vernon Township - east
- Hartford Township - southeast corner
- Fowler Township - south
- Bazetta Township - southwest corner
- Mecca Township - west
- Greene Township - northwest corner
Part of the city of Cortland is located in southwestern Johnston Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Board of Trustees
Davis W Denman - Chairman
Dominic Marchese - Chairman
James N. Carnes - Trustee
John T. Moran - Fiscal Officer
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Trumbull County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.