Joint Force Air Component Headquarters
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2008)|
The Joint Force Air Component Headquarters (JFACHQ) is the United Kingdom's deployable air command and control unit. The JFACHQ is run by the Royal Air Force with representation from the other services.
The JFACHQ has members from the operations and operations support branches of the RAF in order to both plan and execute the air war as well as support the deployed air components from A1 to A9.
The unit is based at RAF High Wycombe. It can deploy worldwide at short notice to run an air campaign.
The constituent parts of the JFAC are broken down according to the Continental Staff System:
- A1 - PANDA (Personnel and Administration)
- A2 - RAF Intelligence
- A3 - Air Operations (both plans and current operations)
- A4 - Air Logistics
- A5 - Air Strategy and Contingency Planning
- A6 - Air CIS (Computers and Information Systems)
- A7 - Air Training
- A8 - Finance and Budgets
- A9 - POLAD (Political Administration) and LEGAD (Legal Adviser)
|This RAF article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|