Joint Functional Component Command for Global Strike and Integration
The Joint Functional Component Command for Global Strike and Integration (JFCC-GSI) is a component of US Strategic Command. The Command was established on 19 July 2006, under the command of Lieutenant General Robert J. "Bob" Elder Jr., who also doubles as the commander of the 8th Air Force.
The official mission statement says that "JFCC-GSI optimizes planning, integration, execution and force management of assigned missions of deterring attacks against the U.S., its territories, possessions and bases, and should deterrence fail, by employing appropriate forces."
JFCC GSI integrates all elements of military power as it conducts, plans and presents global strike effects. Operations include:
- Leads integrated operational planning among all USSTRATCOM Components
- Provides integrated analysis of the command’s global mission capabilities
- Develops and provides Global Strike and Integration execution recommendations
- Supports USSTRATCOM’s Strategic Command and Control mission
- Operational and tactical control of global strike forces as directed
- Coordinates tasking to other joint components and service task forces for synchronizing USSTRATCOM operational and tactical mission planning and execution needs
- Supports USSTRATCOM nuclear command and control and force execution responsibilities
|This United States military article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|