Joint Special Operations University
|Joint Special Operations University|
|Type||Special Operations education|
|Role||Educating Special Operations Forces executive, senior, and intermediate leaders and selected other national and international security decision-makers, both military and civilian, through teaching, research, and outreach in the science and art of Joint Special Operations.|
|Part of||United States Special Operations Command|
|Garrison/HQ||MacDill AFB, Florida|
The Joint Special Operations University (JSOU) is the designated agency within USSOCOM to conduct joint Special Operations Force (SOF) education and thus is tasked with and directed to provide relevant, realistic, leading-edge education opportunities to military and civilian special operations forces personnel around the world, located at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida, USA.
Capable of full-spectrum joint SOF focused instruction, JSOU provides cohesive education support to SOF personnel, and other non-SOF decision makers at intermediate and senior levels. The university conducts off-station tutorials and courses as well as video teleconferencing instruction to supported units worldwide.
JSOU delivers unique SOF educational opportunities through residence and online courses and integration of SOF curriculum with service Professional Military Education Schools. Some of the notable courses the University offers include:
- Irregular Warfare Theory
- Advanced training for newly assigned staff officers and senior enlisted personnel
- Combating terrorism courses to inform the US special operations community, key civilians, and international special operations partners in the War on Terrorism.
- Orientation to foreign cultures
Masters Certificate Program
JSOU has begun a Masters Certificate Program in Joint Special Operations. As of 2014 the course was implemented but awaiting accreditation. 
- MacDill AFB. May 2006. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
- "JSOU Home Page". JSOU. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
- "Resident Course Offerings". Joint Special Operations University. Retrieved 2014-07-17.