Jokers Wild (band)
Their only releases were a privately pressed, single-sided album (carrying catalogue number RSLP 007) and single (RSR 0031), of which only forty or fifty copies each were made. These were recorded at Regent Sound studio in Denmark Street, London. A tape recording of the LP is held by the British Library's National Sound Archive.
Together with Jonathan King (record producer), they recorded what was to have been a UK cover of Sam & Dave's "Hold On, I'm Comin'", but the original was released in the UK, so Jokers Wild's version was not released.
- David Altham – Guitars, keyboards, vocals
- David Gilmour – Guitar, vocals, harmonica
- Peter Gilmour – Bass guitar, vocals ('cover' musician)
- John Gordon – Guitar, vocals
- Dick Parry – Saxophone, trumpet
- Tony Sainty – Bass guitar, percussion, vocals (left in 1966)
- Clive Welham – Drums, vocals (to mid-1966; died 9 May 2012)
- Rick Wills – Bass guitar (replacing Tony Sainty)
- Willie Wilson – Drums (mid-1966 onwards)
Wills later played with Foreigner and Bad Company. Both he and Wilson played on David Gilmour's eponymous first solo album; Parry played on several Pink Floyd records and tours and had a career as a session musician.
The album's five tracks, featuring David Gilmour and Dave Altham on vocals, were:
- "Why Do Fools Fall in Love"
- "Walk Like a Man"
- "Don't Ask Me (What I Say)"
- "Big Girls Don't Cry"
- "Beautiful Delilah"
The single had "Don't Ask Me (What I Say)", backed by "Why Do Fools Fall in Love".
- Mabbett, Andy (2010). Pink Floyd - The Music and the Mystery. London: Omnibus. ISBN 9781849383707.
- Manning, Toby (2006). "The Early Years". The Rough Guide to Pink Floyd (1st ed.). London: Rough Guides. p. 10. ISBN 1-84353-575-0.
- Reference C-625/1, Cadensa.bl.uk
- Manning, Toby (2006). "Set the Controls". The Rough Guide to Pink Floyd (1st ed.). London: Rough Guides. p. 71. ISBN 1-84353-575-0.
- Jones, Malcolm (2003). The Making of The Madcap Laughs (21st Anniversary ed.). Brain Damage. p. 8.