Joliet Township High School District 204
|Joliet Township High School District 204|
Empowering Students to Compete and Contribute
|300 Caterpillar Dr.
Joliet, Illinois, Will County, 60436, USA
|Funding type||Public school (government funded)|
|School board||Joliet Township High School District 204 Board of Education|
|NCES District ID||1720610|
|Average class size||24|
|Hours in school day||8|
Joliet Township High School District 204 (often shortened to JTHS) is a high school district located in Joliet in western Will County, Illinois. Established in 1899 and founded in 1901, it is one of the area's oldest school districts. Originally consisting of a single school, Joliet Township High School (now known as Joliet Central High School), the district was expanded for the 1964-1965 school year with two new additional schools, Joliet East High School (closed in 1983, building now used for the Joliet Job Corps) and Joliet West High School (still in operation).
JTHS's administrative center is located at the former headquarters for The Herald-News.
The district has been named a Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace for two years in a row.
- "District History". Joliet Township High School District 204. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Joliet Twp Hsd 204". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved February 17, 2014.
- "District Snapshot". Illinois Report Card. Illinois State Board of Education. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces 2013 - Joliet Township High School District 204". Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces. Top Workplaces. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Kristine Schlismann. "JTHS Named Chicago Tribune Top 100 Workplace for Second Consecutive Year". Chicago Tribune. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Joliet Township High Schools main page
- Joliet Township High School Central Campus
- Joliet Township High School West Campus
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|