||This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)
Marc Dillon showing the Jolla's phone at Jolla love day.
Guy in the sailor costume standing next to the I am the other half poster for photographing.
The Jolla mobile phone is a mobile phone produced by Jolla that runs the Sailfish OS, released on 27 November 2013.
First unveiled device
On 20 May 2013, after IamTheOtherHalf internet campaign, Jolla unveiled the following details and design of their first device:
- 4.5 in IPS qHD (540×960) "Estrade" display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 1.4 GHz dual-core processor (8930AA)
- GSM/3G/4G LTE connection
- 16 GB of storage memory
- microSD support
- 8 MPix AF camera, back
- 2 MPix camera, front
- 2100 mAh user-replaceable battery
- "The Other Half"
- Gesture-based Sailfish OS
- Android applications compliant
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Buttonless display, gesture navigation
- Device in English language version
- Qt, QML, HTML5 (see: Sailfish OS architecture)
The Sailfish OS SDK was published at the end of February 2013.
Jolla started shipping the phone in late November 2013. At first the phone can be ordered on the web only from within the European Union. Currently is available worldwide from Jolla internet store.
The phone also became available in the stores of the Finnish carrier DNA on 11 December.
On 28 April 2014, the Jolla phone became available in Estonia at the outlets of Elisa Eesti, the first operator outside Finland to offer the phone in their shops.
On july 25th 2014 Jolla opened the first Jolla store in Kazakhstan in association with Mobile Invest.
On 12 august 2014 Jolla was launched in Hong Kong in a partnership with 3 Hong Kong 
In September, 2014, Jolla launched in India on e-retailer Snapdeal.com
- Sailfish Alliance - companies supporting and promoting Sailfish OS in frames of the open alliance.
Media related to Jolla (phone) at Wikimedia Commons