|New Hampshire Fisher Cats|
|Hitting Coach / Outfielder|
November 9, 1971 |
Pelham, North Carolina
|Batted: Left||Threw: Right|
|April 26, 1995 for the Kansas City Royals|
|Last MLB appearance|
|May 31, 2000 for the New York Mets|
|Runs batted in||125|
Jonathan Keith Nunnally (born November 9, 1971 in Pelham, North Carolina) is a former Major League Baseball outfielder. He played in the major leagues from 1995-2000. He also played part of 2000 with the Orix BlueWave in Japan.
Nunnally's major-league career began in 1995, after the Kansas City Royals drafted him from the Cleveland Indians' organization in the 1994 Rule 5 draft. He made his debut on April 29, 1995, hitting a home run off of New York Yankees pitcher Melido Perez in his first at-bat.
In 2005, while playing for the Indianapolis Indians in the Pittsburgh Pirates organization, Nunnally tested positive for steroids, and received a 15-game suspension, in what would be Nunnally's last season as a professional player.
After retiring, Nunnally went into coaching. He worked in the Cleveland Indians organization starting in 2006. On December 8, 2009, he was named the new hitting coach for the Indians, a position he held until being fired on June 19, 2011.
On January 7, 2013, the Toronto Blue Jays announced that Nunnally would be the hitting coach for their Triple-A affiliate Buffalo Bisons. He was moved to the Double-A New Hampshire Fisher Cats hitting coach on January 13, 2014.
- Three Pirate Farmhands Test Positive For Steroids
- Bastian, Jordan (June 19, 2011). "Nunnally out, Fields in as Tribe's hitting coach". Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "Stanley, Nunnally added as coaches". January 7, 2013. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- Davidi, Shi (January 13, 2014). "Blue Jays unveil minor league coaching staff". Sportsnet. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from Baseball-Reference, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball outfielder born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|