|Born||Jonathan Arthur Scott
November 7, 1958
|Alma mater||Denver Lutheran High School, University of Missouri|
|Occupation||News Anchor at
Fox News Channel
|Bio on FoxNews.com|
Jonathan Arthur "Jon" Scott (born November 7, 1958) is an American television news anchor who co-hosts Happening Now from 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. ET with Jenna Lee on Fox News Channel as well as Fox News Watch.
Personal life and education
Jon Scott was born in Denver, Colorado and graduated from Denver Lutheran High School. Afterward, he attended journalism school at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Scott is also a private pilot, who is rated to fly single engine airplanes, and sometimes uses his expertise when covering aviation stories. Scott and his former wife Sharon live in Westchester County, New York and are the parents of four children. Sharon Scott is an executive at NBC. One son is in the Army after graduating from West Point in 2011. Jon Scott's older brother was an infantryman in the Vietnam War.
Scott began his career as a correspondent for KOMU-TV (NBC) in Columbia, Missouri, a station owned and operated by Mizzou. Later, he was the weekday evening news anchor, weekend co-anchor and reporter for WPLG-TV (ABC) in Miami. He also worked as a reporter and bureau chief for KUSA-TV (NBC) in Denver. Beginning in 1988, Jon Scott was a reporter for the syndicated news program Inside Edition. From 1992–95, he was a correspondent for Dateline NBC. Scott served as the host of the syndicated news magazine A Current Affair, and eventually joined the Fox News Channel in 1996. He is an avid watcher of The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer. On the night of May 1 - May 2, 2011, Jon Scott served as the studio anchor for Fox News' coverage of the death of Osama bin Laden. In a July, 2011 live interview he asked Bill Nye if newly discovered volcanoes on the moon were related to the climate change debate on Earth saying, "It's not like we've been up there burning fossil fuels."Nye replied that "volcanoes are not connected to burning fossil fuels."
- Recipient of an Emmy for news writing for the NBC program Dateline
- Ariens, Chris (2007-11-02). "FNC Changes Up Daytime - TVNewser". Mediabistro.com. Retrieved 2010-09-29.
- Such as the 6 July 2013 crash of Asiana Airlines Flight 214
- "Jon Scotts personal story". Fox News. July 3, 2007. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "On Air Personalities". Fox News. January 13, 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-02.
- "Rare Volcanoes Discovered on 'Dark Side' of the Moon". Fox News. July 26, 2011.
- Kluger, Jeffrey (July 28, 2011). "A Volcano on the Moon — Where None Should Be". Time.
- Happening Now, Fox News Channel. July 27, 2011.