|Born||Jonathan Cruz Tuck
August 28, 1984
Chalan Pago-Ordot, Guam, U.S.
|Other names||Super Saiyan|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg; 11.1 st)|
|Reach||73.0 in (185 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Hagåtña, Guam, U.S.|
|Team||The MMA Lab|
|Rank||Brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
|Competitor for United States|
|World Professional Jiu-Jitsu Cup|
|Gold||2010 Abu Dhabi, UAE||Open Light |
|Silver||2010 Abu Dhabi, UAE||-78 kg |
Jonathan Cruz Tuck (born August 28, 1984) is an American mixed martial artist. He is the first Chamorro native from Guam to be signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and competes Lightweight division.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2014)|
Tuck grew up with a love of martial arts, which he attributes to being from the culture of warriors, the Chamorros. Tuck began training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and MMA with his cousin, about six years before coming to the UFC. Tuck attended college at the University of Guam and was studying physical education before dropping out because of his career in fighting. However, he does plan on finishing his college education in the near future. Before becoming a professional MMA fighter, Tuck also worked as a power plant operator.
Mixed martial arts career
Tuck made his professional debut in 2007, earning his first win over Joe Nauta via rear-naked choke early in the first round. His second fight was against John Salas, winning via TKO (doctor stoppage).
On November 17, 2007 Tuck made his debut in Pacific Xtreme Combat against Giovanni Sablan. He shows his grappling skills by defeating Sablan via rear-naked choke. After a year layoff he returned to fighting. He defeated Thomas Calvo via Rear-Naked-Choke in the first round.
On November 21, 2009 he made his debut in Gorilla Warfare, in a Superfight against his toughest opponent yet, URCC Welterweight Champion and Martial Combat Champion Eduard Folayang. He defeated Folayang via KO in just eight seconds.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Career
Tuck competed in the World Professional Jiu-Jitsu Cup. He won his gold medal match against Mohammed Naser in the Open Light division, and placed second in the -78 kg division.
Comeback in MMA
After competing in Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournaments all over the world, Tuck finally returned to MMA, defeating former Strikeforce fighter Tristan Arenal. Tuck got hit with some solid punches, stayed calm and remained in the pack during the first round but he got a takedown. He then knocked Arenal unconscious with ground and pound punches.
The Ultimate Fighter
Tuck was selected as one of the fighters for The Ultimate Fighter: Live. He lost via unanimous decision to Al Iaquinta in the elimantion round to get into the house. Tuck dislocated a toe during the fight.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Tuck was expected to face Norman Parke on April 20, 2013 at UFC on Fox 7. However, the bout was scrapped during the week leading up to the event as Tuck was forced out of the bout with an injury.
Tuck was expected to face Yosdenis Cedeno on June 7, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 42. However, Cedeno pulled out of the bout citing an injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Jake Lindsay. He won the fight via TKO in the third round due to a heel kick to the body.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|10 matches||8 wins||2 losses|
|Loss||8–2||Kevin Lee||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 178||September 27, 2014||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Tuck was deducted 1 point for a groin kick in round 2.|
|Win||8–1||Jake Lindsey||Submission (body kick & heel kicks)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov||June 7, 2014||3||2:47||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
|Loss||7–1||Norman Parke||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Munoz||October 26, 2013||3||5:00||Manchester, England, United Kingdom|
|Win||7–0||Zhang Tiequan||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fuel TV: Franklin vs. Le||November 10, 2012||3||5:00||Macau, SAR, China|
|Win||6–0||Tristan Arenal||KO (punches)||Pacific Xtreme Combat 28||November 26, 2011||1||3:47||Pasig, Philippines|
|Win||5–0||Eduard Folayang||KO (punch)||GW 3||November 21, 2009||1||0:08||Saipan, Guam|
|Win||4–0||Thomas Calvo||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Pacific Xtreme Combat 17||March 27, 2009||1||1:58||Mangilao, Guam|
|Win||3–0||Giovanni Sablan||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Pacific Xtreme Combat 13||November 17, 2007||1||4:41||Mangilao, Guam|
|Win||2–0||John Salas||TKO (doctor stoppage)||GHBW 2||May 28, 2007||1||5:00||Hagåtña, Guam|
|Win||1–0||Joe Neuta||Submission (rear-naked choke)||GHBW 1||Feb 9, 2007||1||2:13||Agana, Guam|
Mixed Martial Arts exhibition record
|Professional record breakdown|
|1 match||0 wins||1 loss|
|Loss||0–1||Al Iaquinta||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||March 9, 2012||1||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||1 round TUF entry fight.|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Henderson vs. Khabilov". UFC.com. Retrieved June 8, 2014.
- "Jon Tuck - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved September 30, 2014.
- "Guam's jiu-jitsu world champion: John Tuck - KUAM.com-KUAM News: On Air. Online. On Demand". Kuam.com. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- "Events - PXC 13 - Back from the Dead". Pacificxtremecombat.com. 2007-11-17. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=video.detail&gid=202835 |title=Jon Tuck KO's Eduard Folayang - Fight Video |publisher=Mixedmartialarts.com |date= |accessdate=2011-12-20
- "Jon Tuck KOs Tristan Arenal in sensational PXC 28 showdown | InterAKTV". Interaksyon.com. 2011-11-26. Retrieved 2011-12-20.
- zikesugawara (September 6, 2012). "Report: UFC on Fuel TV 6 fight card is all set including John Tuck vs. Zhang Tiequan". mmaorient.net.
- http://www.yourmma.tv/news/details.asp/id/2603/norman-parke-vs-jon-tuck-ufc-on-fox-7.htm |title=The Smashes Winner Norman Parke Gets Jon Tuck In San Jose |publisher=YourMMA.tv |date= |accessdate=2013-01-07
- Staff (2013-04-14). "Jon Tuck vs. Norman Parke pulled from Saturday's UFC on FOX 7 lineup". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Staff (2013-09-02). "Norman Parke vs. Jon Tuck joins UFC Fight Night 30 lineup in Manchester". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-09-02.
- Matt Erickson (2014-05-01). "UFC Fight Night 42 card complete with addition of Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Jon Tuck". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- Staff (2014-05-07). "Jake Lindsey replaces Yosdenis Cedeno at UFC Fight Night 42 in Albuquerque". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-05-07.
- Thomas Gerbasi (2014-07-31). "Lee-Tuck added to UFC 178 card". UFC.com. Retrieved 2014-07-31.