Dr. Jonas Ridderstråle (born August 26, 1966) is a Swedish business speaker, thinker and author, best known for the bestselling book Funky Business - Talent Makes Capital Dance. He is currently a visiting professor at Ashridge Business School and IE Business School.
Education and academic career
Dr. Ridderstråle did his graduate and post-graduate studies at the Stockholm School of Economics. He holds an MBA and a PhD in international business. His doctoral dissertation, Global Innovation, from 1996 focuses on product development efforts in multinational corporations. He did research and wrote his thesis at the Institute of International Business at the Stockholm School of Economics where he was mentored by the now late Professor Gunnar Hedlund. In 2004, he left the Centre for Advanced Studies of Leadership at the Stockholm School of Economics, and is currently a visiting professor at Ashridge Business School in the UK and IE Business School in Spain.
Funky Business: Talent makes capital dance was published in 2000, and has been ranked at number 16 in a Bloomsbury Publishing survey of the best business books of all time. The sequels, Karaoke Capitalism: Management for mankind and Funky Business Forever: How to enjoy capitalism, also describe recipes for how to make it in the new world of commerce (all three books were co-authored with Kjell A. Nordström). In 2008, Wiley published Jonas’ latest book Re-energizing the Corporation: How leaders make change happen (co-written with Mark Wilcox). His books have been translated into more than 30 languages.
Since the mid-1990s, Dr. Ridderstråle has worked as a professional public speaker with engagements all over the world. He is also co-owner and chairman of the Swedish Management Group – Mgruppen – a management training and development company.
In 2000, Jonas was recognized as Sweden’s outstanding young academic of the year by JCI Sweden. In 2007, he received the Italian Nobels Colloquia award for “Leadership in Business and Economic Thinking”. The 2009 Thinkers 50, a biennial ranking of management thinkers, ranked him at number 23 globally and put him on the top-five list of European business gurus.
- 1996 - Global Innovation: Managing international innovation projects at ABB and Electrolux
- 2000 - Funky Business: Talent makes capital dance
- 2004 - Karaoke Capitalism: Management for mankind
- 2007 - Funky Business Forever: How to enjoy capitalism
- 2008 - Re-energizing the Corporation: How leaders make change happen
- Ashridge Business School - page about Dr. Ridderstrale's involvement
- IE Business School - IE Business School official site
- Stockholm School of Economics - Stockholm School of Economics official site
- Bloomsbury Publishing survey - the greatest business books of all time, 2002
- JCI Sweden - official website and (pressrelease) for Sweden’s outstanding young academic of the year 2000
- Nobels Colloquia - official website
- Thinkers50.com - latest ranking of business thinkers by Thinkers50
- JonasRidderstrale.com – Jonas Ridderstrale's official site