Jonathan Arac is an American literary scholar. He is the Andrew W. Mellon Professor of English at University of Pittsburgh, visiting professor at Columbia University and Director of Pitt's Humanities Center. He is also an editor of the literary journal Boundary 2.
- Commissioned Spirits: The Shaping of Social Motion in Dickens, Carlyle, Melville, and Hawthorne
- Critical Genealogies: Historical Situations for Postmodern Literary Studies
- "Huckleberry Finn" as Idol and Target: The Functions of Criticism in Our Time
- The Emergence of American Literary Narrative, 1820-1860
- Impure Worlds: The Institution of Literature in the Age of the Novel