Acting career 
Jonathan's most notable parts were in The Karate Kid, Part III playing Cobra Kai villain Snake and then in Rocky V as a drug addict. His father, John G. Avildsen directed both films. Avildsen's role as Snake – the cackling sidekick to "Karate's Bad Boy" Mike Barnes – in The Karate Kid, Part III marked the pinnacle of his career.
Graffiti career 
Jonathan Avildsen also has an entirely separate career in the streets of New York. Known as JA, he has put his graffiti throughout all boroughs of NY. He started in 1986 and continues until this day.
- The Karate Kid, Part III (1989) as Snake 
- Videograf Issue 2 (1989) as JA
- Rocky V (1990) as Druggy
- Gone Fishin' (1997) as Parking Lot Valet
- Coyote Moon (1999) (V) as Petey Hogan
- State Your Name (2000) as JA
- Jane Bond (2001) as Operator
- White Boy (2002) as Cole
Television appearances 
- 8 juli 2007. "Snake – LA's Bad Boy". YouTube. Retrieved 2010-03-22.